Monday, February 21, 2011

Spice it up in New York...

I spent the weekend in New York staying with a friend of mine who is one of those people that always knows the best places to go, see, shop and do. She was, as always, right on the money this weekend when she booked us a table at Spice Market in the Meatpacking District.




Spice Market is a super cool venues, It's huge and immaculately decorated and it attracts a wide array of people from families with small children to cool as a cucumber fashion-istas. The food is classed as 'Asian Fusion' and is a barely recognizable mix of different Asia regions with a little Indian flair thrown in. I can't stop talking about the Chilli Beef Skewers, the Skate and the salsa they served at the start - to die for!


The restaurant is split over 2 levels and has alot of interesting nooks. We were taken down stairs, around the corner, through a dark passage and into a small private dining room. The room was cushion-y bliss - we were lounging, eating, drinking, laughing and lounging again for hours.






The service was efficient and there was no pressure to eat and leave as I find with so many New York restaurants. The server uniforms looked like backless scrubs - but when that's my only complaint I know I'm on to a winner.


Try it out!






No comments:

Post a Comment